Thursday, September 20, 2007


Ben, do you remember when I lost my favorite hat in Hawaii and started crying in the airport, and you felt so bad for me you bought me a hat in one of the unreasonably expensive airport stores?

Well I remember, and I think of it every time I hear Hawaiian music. You have always been my older brother, but at that moment you were truly my big brother. For that moment not a single particle of you was reserved for any other role.

You were all--big brother,
and that mine
And I remember.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

truly the arrangement of words can be remarkable, even spellbinding; that I could read a note, and know the poet, but only feel the poem (not knowing or understanding the form,) brings me great gushing feelings of admiration for this quil that arranges words such